Student Mentoring System
A mentor is a person who has professional & life experience and who voluntarily agrees to help a mentee to develop skills, competencies or goals. A mentor is an advisor who is willing to invest in the mentee’s personal growth and professional development.
The purpose of the mentorship programme is twofold. It intends both to create a good environment for studying in the department and to develop knowledge of the subject for all involved. The mentorship programme is intended to enhance the quality of your education.
There is mentor-mentee system for M.B.B.S & M.Sc. students (Undergraduates & Postgraduates). The system is updated time to time. 150 M.B.B.S students are divided into group of 25 each per session. Each group of 25 students is under a respective faculty (allotted by Head of department) of that session.
Each allotted faculty takes care of 25 students, asks questions about their problems, difficulty in studies or other personal issues. The mentor handbooks are updated timely and grievances/complaints of students are noted and tried to be sort out and informed to the concerned authority.
At the end of each session mentor – mentee handbooks are handed over to the co-ordinator mentor – mentee program after duly signed by HOD and Principal. The co-ordinator checks all the essentials, ensures that student’s grievances are met and transfers the mentor – mentee handbooks to the next allotted faculties. The whole data is filed in a format present with the co-ordinator and record is maintained. Periodic meetings are held among mentor-mentee and between mentors and co-ordinator for smooth functioning of the program.
Structured Feedback and Analysis
The Institution has a well-defined feedback system in place with a 360 degree approach that covers all stake holders in the system.
- Students: Feedback taken to understand if they are satisfied with the Quality of teachers, education, infrastructure support and other hygiene factor.
- Teachers: Feedback taken on quality of students, other facility support and expectations from management.
- Employers: Questionnaire to Employers helps us understand their feedback on the quality of students, their understanding of subject and Employers thoughts on what possible changes that can be made in our processes to support them better.
- Alumni: Our Alumni are our faces in the industry, they are the one who have a hands on experience in the industry and also know our teaching methods. The feedback here helps us bridge the gap to make the students better prepared for their role in the Industry.
- Parents: Last but not the least , a feedback is also taken from Parents to know if they are happy with their wards performance while their stay at the Institution and if they would like to suggest us some changes based on their experience of dealing with the Institute.
All these feedbacks are collected in form of questionnaire, they are properly read and responses put in subsequent bucket based on the feedback. A set of recommendation is drafted for each set of stake holders and passed on to the Dean for feedback, further action and implementation.