ADMISSION TO LIBRARY
- Membership/identity cards are required to be shown at the entrance on demand.
- Personal belongings are not allowed to be taken inside the library. Such belongings should be deposited at the baggage counter. It should be clearly understood that the belongings left at the property counter are at the personal risk of readers. They should be collected back on the same day. The library does not accept any responsibility for loss etc.
- Members are permitted to take inside the library their personal books for consultation subject to necessary checking each time while taking in and taking out the personal books.
- Readers are required to handle the library reading materials and property very carefully and not to (i) Write in or mark (ii) Tear-away pages or mutilate (iii) Disfigure or otherwise cause damage in anyway.
- In case damage is caused to any library reading materials or property the person concerned shall be liable to pay the replacement cost. In addition, his membership may be cancelled at the discretion of the University librarian.
- Members are expected to maintain strict silence & conduct themselves with dignity conducive to congenial atmosphere for study & research.
- Anyone found guilty of misbehaviour will render his/ her membership liable to be cancelled at the sole discretion of the University librarian.
- No library reading material can be taken out without getting it properly issued. Any found violently this rule will be considered liable to such action as may be deemed necessary by the University librarian.
- Library premises are completely a NO SMOKING ZONE.
This section in face of the library as library main counter is known as Circulation Counter or Circulation Section. This section extends issue and return facility of library documents. This section further responsible for generating membership, providing no-dues certificate, collection of overdue or other library fines. This section also extends document reservation service, sending reservation service-related alerts and collecting advance payments of students for photocopy facility.
Every student shall be issued one library card on which student shall be entitled to get specified number of book(s) issued from the library. The book shall have to be returned to the library on or before the due date and in case due date falls on nonworking day the book can be returned on the next working day without fine.
The librarian reserves the right to ask any student to return the book(s) back to the library any time.
- Borrowing facilities are given only to the members of the KRC against the Non- Transferable Identity Card issued by the Central Library to the member. Borrowing is permitted only through the Circulation Counter.
- Every student shall be issued one library card on which student shall be entitled to get specified number of book(s) issued from the library. The book shall have to be returned to the library on or before the due date.
- Books belonging to Rare, Reference, Reports, and Competition Sections are not ordinarily issued except with special permission of the librarian, besides this Journals & Thesis are also not issued.
- Current Journals/Magazines/Newspapers are strictly for reference purposes in the KRC and will not be issued to anyone. If there is an urgent need, then the back issues of a few journals/magazines can be issued for over-night against the library membership card through special permission.
CONDITIONS OF LOAN
- Each student (College Topper only) will be given two extra library tickets for a period of one academic year for circulation of books according to CGPA. After the completion of the academic year, student must return these two tickets in the library.
- Overdue charges are levied if a book is kept beyond the due date as per rules.
- The librarian may remit are exempt any person from payment of overdue charge at his discretion.
- Those members who are found to be in the habit of detaining, Library material will be dealt with strictness. If anyone is found to have detained library materials beyond one month after the due date thrice in a year, his/her membership of the library will be liable to be cancelled at the discretion of the librarian. For this purpose, proper record of each default will be maintained at the counter.
- Book on loan is subject to recall by librarian at any time.
- Reminders for overdue books are usually sent. However non-receipt of a reminder cannot be taken as a ground for late return of books.
- A book once issued will be allowed inside the library for return purpose only.
- Books having same title will not be issued simultaneously.
LOSS OF BOOKS
- In case of loss of library reading material, the reader concerned shall be required to pay replacement price prevailing at the time of payment as per rules.
- Double amount will be charged for the loss of book to recover the cost of book & procurement cost.
- In case of loss of rare and out of print books, and bound volumes of periodicals, the replacement cost shall be fixed by the librarian in each case as per rules.
- In case loss of loose issues of periodicals, replacement cost for the whole volume shall be ordinarily required to be paid.
LOSS OF LIBRARY CARD
- The loss of library card should be immediately reported to the librarian in writing.
- Due care will be taken by the library to prevent misuse of lost card. But the library does not accept any responsibility for this. The reader concerned shall continue to be responsible for any loss, due to the misuse of the lost card even after having formally reported the loss and having been issued duplicate card.
- On request, duplicate ticket may be issued after period of 2 days after the report of loss was made. However, the member shall pay Rs. 100/- for one duplicate library ticket.
- The membership card is not transferable.
- Any constructive suggestion from readers will be most welcome.
- Strict discipline and decorum of the library shall be maintained all the time.
- No one should remove any part of library, any newspaper, or current issues of periodical on display.
- No one should enter the counter or use library telephones without prior permission.
- The borrowers shall satisfy themselves about the physical condition of the books before borrowing. No plea that book was already damaged will be entertained at the time of return
- A member against whom overdue charges pending shall not be allowed to borrow or withdraw security deposit.
- The librarian may grant special permission to any person to borrow books at his discretion.
- Notwithstanding, the librarian may at his/her discretion relax any of the rules.
- Leave the book in the stack section counter after use rather than restoring it on the shelf.
- Help in keeping the library neat and clean.
- Do not use Mobile Phone in the library or switched it off.
- Make the best use of your library. The library staff members are there to assist you. Cooperate with them, to be get cooperation.