Emergency & Casualty Beds
Modular Operation Theaters
Employees including Doctors
Daily Average Surgeries
Teerthanker Mahaveer Medical College Hospital has widely expanded various clinical departments with a provision of super specialty care with growing spectrum of disease and increasing demand of such facilities. The Hospital is the apex health institution and provides tertiary care to the entire population of Moradabad and adjoining districts besides imparting clinical training to the students.
The Medical college Hospital has a bed strength of 1000 beds. It houses the various clinical and para-clinical departments like Medicine, Psychiatry, Dermatology, Pulmonary Medicine, Paediatrics, General Surgery, Eye, ENT, Orthopedics, Gynae & Obs, Radiology and Anaesthesia. It also has a well-developed Blood Bank and a Central lab for Pathology, Microbiology and Bio-Chemistry. The diagnostic facilities like MRI, Spiral CT and Color Doppler are also available in the hospital.
Over the period, Teerthanker Mahaveer Medical college Hospital has established a coronary care unit with Echocardiography, Holter, TMT, Image Intensifier and facilities for regular Angiography, Angioplasty, By-pass surgery & implantation of temporary and permanent pacemakers.
In addition, following facilities are available:
- A Dialysis unit with latest Haemodialysis machines
- A well developed Neurology Lab with facilities of EEG, NCV, EMG and BERA
- An air conditioned Ward for critically burnt patients
- A Neurosurgery unit with back up for spiral CT Scan and ICU for Head Injury cases
- A Urodynamic Lab
- A Spinal ward for spinal injury cases and facilities for Arthroscopy, Hip & Knee Arthroplasty in Orthopedics Department
- An Endoscopy section with facilities for upper and lower G.I. Endoscopy for the Gastroenterology Department
- An Endocrinological Lab for Hormonal study
- ND/ Yag Laser facilities for Ophthalmology Department
- State-of-the-art infertility centre with facilities of IVF, ICSI, Laser hatching, TESE & PESA
The emergency wing is well equipped with modern facilities to provide the emergency and trauma care services round the clock on all the days. There are 5 beds in Triage area and 35 beds in emergency ward. One emergency OT and one minor OT is located in emergency wing. The services include accident, trauma, medical and surgical emergencies, paediatrics and Gynaecological emergencies.
The hospital has 12 well equipped modular operation theaters for General Surgery, Orthopedics, ENT, Ophthalmology, Obs, and Gynae and for Super specialties like Plastic Surgery, Neurosurgery, and Paediatric surgery besides one for emergency services in the casualty section. Beside this there are three minor OTs. There is one licensed Blood Bank in Teerthanker Mahaveer Medical College Hospital. The Blood Bank is well equipped and has facilities to prepare the blood components. It caters to the need of all the medical and surgical specialties and superspecialties of the medical college Hospital.
There is one licensed Blood Bank in Teerthanker Mahaveer Medical College Hospital. The Blood Bank is well equipped and has facilities to prepare the blood components. It caters to the need of all the medical and surgical specialties and super specialties of the medical college Hospital.
All the bonafide students of various programs at the university are provided with the below complimentary medical facilities at TMU hospital as per the policy:
- Outdoor Patient Department (OPD) facilities: Free registration and free tests (blood, stool, urine, ECG, ultrasound etc). All super specialty checkups and tests including MRI & CT scan are available on 20% discount.
- Inpatient Department (IPD) facilities: Students can avail the treatment facility of maximum up to Rs 50,000/- at TMU hospital during the entire period of the program that they are enrolled in at the university. All the bonafide students will also have the coverage of Rs 1 lac in case of accidental death while they are studying at the university.