Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC)
About IQAC ( Internal Quality Assurance Cell )
The Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) is the cell that is formulated for monitoring the quality parameters in TMU. The Composition of IQAC members as per the recommendations given by National Assessment Accreditation Committee.
Following are the strategies of the IQAC:
- To ensure progressive and efficient performance of academic, administrative and financial tasks in timely manner.
- Evolve mechanism for assessing and ensuring the relevance and quality of academic and research programmes.
- Ensuring Equitable access to and affordability of academic programmes for various sections of society.
- Optimization and integration of modern methods of teaching and learning.
- The credibility of evaluation procedures.
- Ensuring the adequacy, maintenance and functioning of the support structure and services.
- Research sharing and networking with other institutions in India and abroad.
- Development and application of quality benchmarks for various academic and administrative activities of various departments and colleges and thus of the University.
- Facilitating creation of student-centric environment which is conducive to quality education.
- Creating awareness amongst the faculty members to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process.
- Arrangement for feedback response from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality-related University processes.
- Creating awareness on various quality parameters of higher education through seminars, lectures and workshops.
- Documentation of the various programmes/activities leading to quality improvement.
- Acting as a nodal agency of the University for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of best practices.
- Development and maintenance of University database through ERP for the purpose of maintaining/enhancing the institutional quality.
- Development of Quality Culture in the University.
- Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) as per guidelines and parameters of NAAC, to be submitted to NAAC.
IQAC will facilitate / contribute:
- Ensure heightened level of clarity and focus in institutional functioning towards quality enhancement
- Ensure internalization of the quality culture.
- Ensure enhancement and coordination among various activities of the institution and institutionalize all good practices.
- Provide a sound basis for decision-making to improve institutional functioning.
- Act as a dynamic system for quality changes in HEIs.
- Build an organised methodology of documentation and internal communication.
Outcomes of Activities of IQAC at TMU
- NAAC Accreditation
- Ranking by NIRF
- Annual reports of the University
- Ranking by Media House(s) conducted through questionnaire and/or surveys
- Continuous improvement in academic and non-academic activities of university
- Analysis of Student/alumni/faculty/employer/parent feedbacks