""Justice is the greatest concern of man on earth" - Daniel Webster
In everyday life, we see lawyers make a real difference in people’s lives. Our community looks up to legal professionals to solve difficult issues they face. In the College of Law and Legal Studies, we prepare practice-ready advocates to fulfil the responsibilities that their prospective clients entrust them. Since the inception of the CLLS, we have always found new ways to teach legal education and research. As 20% of the world’s lawyers are Indians, the country is emerging as a booming legal market and has rich potential for the future lawyers. The breadth of opportunities for future lawyers has never been greater. So, law colleges are facing a sea change in their educational responsibilities. Legal education is in a crucial moment now and CLLS is innovating to address the changes that have evolved over the years. I welcome you to the College of Law and Legal Studies and invite you to explore all aspects of our intellectual life.
Prof. Harbansh Dixit
Name : Prof. (Dr.) Harbansh Dixit Designation : Dean Office Address : College of Law and Legal Studies, Teerthanker Mahaveer University, Delhi Road, Moradabad – 244001 (U.P.) Telephone No. : Fax No. : E-Mail ID : Date of Birth : 01-05-1957 Academic Qualification : Ph.D. in Law
Details of the previous appointments/teaching experience:
S.No. Institution Designation From To Total experience 1 U.P. Higher Education Services Commission, Allahabad Member 2018 2022 4 Yrs. 2 K.G.K.Post Graduate College Principal 2016 2018 2 Yrs. 3 M.H.Post Graduate College Principal 2009 2016 7 yrs. 4 K.G.K. Post Graduate College Head of Law Department including Assistant Professor and Associate Professor 1994 2008 14 Yrs. Achievements :
- Worked as Judicial Magistrate First Class (Member, Juvenile Justice Board, Moradabad) for over 5 years, i.e. from Feb.2005 –October 2010.
- More than 275 articles published in National News Papers having readership of One Crore or more people on different matters related with Constitution and other laws.
- More than 350 lectures were delivered as Guest Faculty Member in
- - Banaras Hindu University .
- - Dr. Ram Manohar Lohia National Law University, Lucknow .
- - Dr. Bhimrao Ambedkar Police Academy, Moradabad.
- - Police Training College, Moradabad.
- - Bareilly, College, Bareilly .
- - B.S.A.College, Mathura
- - Meerut College, Meerut
- - Press Vidhi Evam Abhivyakti Swatantrya (Hindi ), ISBN: 81-8143-507-9
- - Dispute Resolution System in India and Public Confidence” ISBN:978-93-80753-37-9
- - Implementation of Civil Rights Act 1955, ISBN:978-93-80753-38-6
- - Written/edited reading material for LL.M. Students on Constitutional Law for Madhya Pradesh    Bhoj Open University, Bhopal.
- - Myth and Reality of Basic Features of Indian Constitution (Publication under consideration).
- Research Projects
- - Implementation of Protection of Civil Rights Act 1955 and Scheduled Caste & Scheduled Tribes (Prevention of Atrocities) Act 1989 (in 8 specified District of Uttar Pradesh) Minor Project Funded by U.G.C.
- - “Press Vidhi Tatha Abhivyakti Swatrantya” (Hindi) Funded by Makhanlal Chaturvedi Patrakarita Evam Jansanchar Vishwavidyalaya completed in 2006.
- - Implementation of Civil Rights Act 1955 and Scheduled Caste & Scheduled Tribes (Prevention of Atrocities) Act 1989 in 8 specified Districts of Uttar Pradesh and Uttaranchal. Funded by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India
- - “Dispute Resolution System in India and Public Confidence” Funded by U.G.C. completed in 2003.
- Extension Programmes
- - Active Participation in Total Literacy Campaign as Founding Executive Member of Zila Saksharata Samiti Service 1992.
- -Till date Organised 11 seminars, 20 debate, three Cycle Rallies to create Awareness about Protection of Environment during 1992-93 as Coordinator of District Environment Awareness and Implementation Committee.
- - 39 lectures in N.S.S. Camps from 1986 till date.
- - Worked as member of District Legal Committee (From 1998-2003)
- - Member of Peace Committee, Moradabad Administration.
- - Member, Juvenile Monitoring Cell, Moradabad.
- - 29 Radio talks creating awareness about Laws relating to common people.
- Contribution as an Expert of Selection Bodies
- -Assisted Public Service Commissions (as Subject Expert) of
- Uttar Pradesh
- Madhya Pradesh
- Bihar and Uttarakhand
- - Assisted Selection Committees of universities like
- Ch. Charan Singh University, Meerut
- Dr. Bhim Rao Ambedkar University Agra
- Lucknow University Lucknow
- I.F.T.M.University Moradabad
- Teerthanker Mahaveer University, Moradabad