Indian agriculture has witnessed a significant transformation in recent years, with the adoption of the latest trends and technologies. Precision farming, organic farming, biotechnology, and mechanization are some of the latest trends in Indian agriculture. These innovations help farmers increase crop yields, improve product quality, and reduce environmental impact. As India modernizes its agricultural practices, it is poised to become a global leader in sustainable agriculture.
We, at the TMU’s College of Agricultural Sciences, the top private agricultural college in UP, embrace the potential of modern agricultural technology and blend it with traditional knowledge to create innovative solutions. Our curriculum equips students with in-demand skills along with the global opportunities to pursue a range of career paths. We believe that agriculture is an avenue for us to contribute to the environment and make a positive difference.
Our prime aim is to provide a pragmatic approach to agriculture education. This enables our graduates to tackle farm problems in both the corporate and unorganized sectors, including the village level. Besides, we provide our students with specialized training in fields and Agro-based industries. The curriculum is designed adopting the holistic approach of learning based upon guidelines of ICAR and NEP2020.
The College of Agriculture Sciences at TMU Moradabad boasts an abundance of advantages. These include experienced teachers and substantial farming acreage for hands-on learning. Furthermore, we have a greenhouse and polyhouse facility with trips to renowned agri-institutes. Additionally, the college has well-established modern laboratories equipped with the latest scientific equipment. Besides, students get a dynamic campus atmosphere, making us one of the top private agriculture colleges in Uttar Pradesh.
The Agriculture curriculum cover a wide range of subjects, which include agronomy, horticulture, soil science, forestry, genetics, livestock, animal husbandry, poultry management, among others.
We are committed to producing assets, armed with the skills & knowledge to overcome modern agriculture challenges and lead the way in farming practices.
Study from the leading Agricultural Science College and contribute to a sustainable future. Be a part of a movement that is shaping the future of agriculture and builds a rewarding career in this field.
Dr. Praveen Kumar Jain
Name : Dr. Praveen Kumar Jain Designation : Dean Office Address : Teerthanker Mahaveer College of Agriculture Sciences, Delhi Road, Moradabad – 244001 (U.P.) Date of Birth : 23-10-1972 Academic Qualification : MBA (Marketing) and Ph.D. in Agronomy, CSK Himachal Pradesh Krishi Viswavidyalaya, Palampur, Himachal Pradesh, India.
Details of the previous appointments/teaching experience:
S.No. Institution Designation From To Total experience 1 School of Agriculture Sciences, Galgotias University Dean Nov 2020 Dec 2022 2 Years 1 Months 2 University Institute of Agriculture in Chandigarh University, Punjab Professor and Head Jan 2018 Nov 2020 2 Years 10 Months 3 Agriculture School, Lovely Professional University, Jalandhar, Punjab./td> Associate Professor, Agronomy Jan 2016 June 2016 5 Months
- Senior Research Fellow with the Department of Soil Science, Palampur for over 2 years.PROJECT: Characterization and Resource Management of Acid Soil Regions for Increasing Productivity.
- Research Associate with the Department of Soil Science, Palampur for over 5 years.PROJECT: All India Coordinated Research Project to Study Changes in Soil Quality, Crop Productivity and Sustainability.
- Marketing Coordinator, MID-HIMALAYAN WATERSHED DEVELOPMENT PROJECT, DHARAMSHALA (Himachal Pradesh) for over 2 years. PROJECT: A $ 36.5 Million World Bank Funded project on watersheds development in Mid Himalayas.
- Senior Agronomist(North Zone) with the Jain Irrigation Systems Ltd (Jalgaon) for over 3 years.
- STATE IN-CHARGE,Jain Irrigation Systems LTD (JALGAON) for over 6.5 years.
- LEARN AGRICULTURE Through 7k MCQs Volume - 1
- LEARN AGRICULTURE Through 7k MCQs Volume - 2
- Also, covered 5 Book Chapters
Publications & Research/Conference Papers
- More than 20 (Including papers presented in National/International Conferences).
- Over 14 papers written
Professional Body Memberships
- Member of Indian Society of Agronomy, CSKHPKV, Palampur Chapter.
- Member of College of Agriculture, Palampur Alumni Association.
- Member of PETA (People for Ethical Treatment to Animals).
- Life member of Range Management Society of India.
- Member of Indian Society of Agronomy-ICAR-IARI New Delhi (No 10737)
- Worked on 3 Documentaries
- Conducted several Competency Development Programs Online.
- Been a part of numerous Conferences / Workshops / Seminars / Short-Term Courses.