A two-day webinar on Smart Materials for Future Applications was organized by the Department of Physics, FOE, on 16th and 17th June 2020.
Prof. S.P. Pandey, Department of Physics, convened the webinar.
- The presence of esteemed guests graced the webinar:
- Officiating Vice-Chancellor, Professor Raghuvir Singh, Teerthanker Mahaveer University, Moradabad.
- Prof. R.K. Dwivedi, Director & Principal, Faculty of Engineering and College of Computing Sciences & Information Technology, Teerthanker Mahaveer University, Moradabad.
- Dr. B. Bhattacharya, Professor, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi.
- Dr. N. Vijayan, Principal Scientist, National Physical Laboratory, New Delhi.
- Dr. D. K. Misra, Principal Scientist, National Physical Laboratory, New Delhi.
- Dr. K. L. Yadav, Professor IIT Roorkee.
- Dr. P. C. Pandey, Assc. Professor, IIT BHU, Varanasi.
- Dr. K. Pandey, Senior Scientist, Allahabad University.
The materials and their science have driven the development of revolutionary technologies such as rubber, plastic, semiconductors, biomaterials, etc. Now, due to its performance and quick response, the materials are smart and more qualitative. The materials have broadened to every class, including polymers, semiconductors, magnetic materials, bio-materials & nano-materials, and energy materials.
Overall, the science of materials is studying the structure of materials and relating them to their properties. Once the correlation of materials is known, the materials become smart with high performance. The materials have offered a significant effect on our life via their applications.
Nowadays, researchers, scientists, and academicians are devoted to making the materials more advanced and smarter, i.e., for its high performance and quick responsiveness.
The National Webinar had four sessions, and six experts delivered their presentations on various aspects of materials and their applications.
In the valediction session, Dr. S. P. Pandey extended his gratitude to Prof. Raghuvir Singh, Prof. (Dr) R. K. Diwedi, and all the distinguished speakers from the renowned institutions for making this national webinar exciting and meaningful.
Dr. S. P. Pandey expressed immense gratitude to all the participants from different parts of the country who participated in the national webinar and showed their interest in questions and answers, discussions, etc., thereby boosting their knowledge.
He thanked all the professors and faculty members from other departments who gave their valuable suggestions and supported to make this webinar successful, especially Prof. Asim Ahmad and all faculty of the Chemistry department for their support.
He also thanked HOD-Physics, Dr. Amit Sharma, for his moral support and thanked all the faculty members of his department Dr. Parag Agarwal, Dr. Vishnu Srivastava, Dr. Pavan Kumar Singh, and Dr. Diptonil Banarjee, for their moral and physical support.