About Plaement Cell
The University has a fully fledged centre for career counseling and employment offering result oriented services for building of commendable careers. The Centre for Career Counseling and Employment is responsible for industry-academia interaction, guest lectures, corporate training, seminars, and workshops for strengthening corporate relations and ultimately help students find good placements.
The Centre also organizes soft skills, personality development, career guidance and counseling programs for the students to enable them to face competition as professionals. The center conducts group discussions, mock interviews and aptitude tests from time to time to prepare the students for campus placements.
The University has been known all these years for an excellent track record in successfully placing its students across sectors. This has been possible through focus on academics, continuous training and placement sessions all through the year and interface of the students with top-notch executives representing the blue chip Indian companies and MNCs.
To ignite career dreams of younger generation being groomed in the university through a structured intervention in the form of a scientifically develop Personality Development Program incorporating career guidance, social sensitivity issues & latest corporate practices by an appropriate mix of different pedagogues.
CRC at TMU operates at two levels:
- University Level: Career Counseling and Employment office headed by a 'Director'.
- College Level: Training & Placement Cell, headed by Training and Placement Officer and shall be coordinated by the Director (Centre for Career Counselling & Employment).
The combine objectives for both the levels are as follows:
- Developing the students' technical knowledge and soft wkills to meet the corporate recruitment process.
- To motivate students to devlop their overall personality in terms of career planning, goal setting and reskilling which will stand them in good stead even after getting the job.
- To motivate students who aspire for higher studies and guiding them to take competitive exam such as CAT, GATE, TOEFL, GRE, GMAT and IELTS.
- To make TMU the preferred choice of the prospective employers while inculcating contemporary knowledge through appropriate mix of theoretical and practical exposure using latest teaching pedagogies.
- To create a talent pool with inclination towards holistic development for gainful engagement with Corporates for their strategic talent management program.
- Aiming to place the maximum number of students through campus & off-campus interviews conducted by the top notch companies.
- University Level:
- Advisory and Supervisory role for the university as a whole for different Colleges in some of the critical areas of training and placement activities.
- Role as a central information hub to generate, update and maintain operational and strategic information.
- As a strategist and facilitator for internalization of CRC activities both at University and respective College level.
- As a brand creator and awareness facilitator (TMU Brand) among the stake holders, especially in corporates.
- Relationship builder for strong corporate academia interface.
- College Level: It is mainly concerned with successful execution of the drive and better grooming of the students.